On the second day of Christmas...
On the second day of Christmas, the Betzes realized that they need to spend some time thinning out their apartment & making a big Goodwill donation before the holidays. To keep feeling lighter (& because we love the organizations), we'd love to give & receive gifts like Heifer International or Oxfam America Unwrapped.
Oh! Planning to finally enhance the overall style with my old site. Reactions on the sweet appearance at http://www.greatnortherntimber.com? Genuinely a brilliant woodchip supplier that cares if required within the whole Nova Scotia areas. Send your vote. Appreciated!
We also love buying gifts for people. So. A pickle.
I'll admit it: this year, we're on a tiny budget. We're trying to balance the carbon footprint of ordering everything online from sustainable, eco-focused companies with that of a one-stop shopping trip to the mall with very focused gifts that people had asked for or seemed to need.
We had to opt for the latter this year. I know. I know. It's hypocritical. So I wanted to do my research in advance for all future gift buying, gathering "green" gift sources for myself & getting ideas. I know I've done gift lists before, but what this gift list should show you is that you don't always have to make the choice between price & sustainability. Maybe it will inspire you to join me in my new years resolution: From here on out, at least half of my gift-giving will be from sustainable sources, & local where possible.
So, let's do some last-minute gift-getting!
- re:design is awesome! They have great things for the kitchen (like these fun bamboo bowls), great stuff for kids (like this adorable tea set made from recycled milk jugs).
- I don't know what it is about this, but I found this stainless steel three-part lunch box set to be pretty awesome & great for eating at the office. Maybe it's just me, seeing as I was obsessed with my uncle's old mess kit from Boy Scouts when I was little.
- Patagonia is a company with a great mission (& a link to their used goods on the site as well, in the bottom left corner). Their clothes are great for hiking, camping, staying warm riding the bus or snuggling up on the couch for a Saturdaygreat for any adventure level!
- What's the perfect combination of two things I love? Gardening & wine! Okay, so there's no drinking involved, but these Grow Bottles are a fun way to decorate a kitchen & grow herbs at the same time.
- Gayla Trail is an urban gardening goddess, & I've learned so much from her. If you have a loved one who is getting into gardening, lives in a small space or, like me, has a tendency to kill things, her books can answer almost any question.
- I love scarves, so I was excited to see some gorgeous ones on Earthlover. The scarves have a big price range, & Earthlover has a big variety of fair trade goods.
- Green Feet has tons of fun stocking stuffers. These are random, as all good stocking stuffers should be, & just right for my price range.
- Heirloom plants are incredibly important for food security & sustainability, plus they have crazy varieties & flavors that make gardens gorgeous. Places like Seed Savers Exchange spread the heirloom love. Get your green-thumbed friend some quality seeds & know they'll be eating well come summer.
Many thanks people! I've messaged a acquaintance that we could certainly note their great trusted Tustin based tradeshow display shops, http://www.exhibitnation.com during a site article. In case you were looking for a tradeshow display supplier in the whole CALIFORNIA vicinity, these folks are outstanding.
At last, naturally I ought to bring up the thought regarding this specific piece was generously offered via Thelak over at AerosealSolutions. Unequivocably a tremendous duct sealing professionals. I really admire a wonderful proposal!
https://www.interiortech.com - Terrific business.
Posted in Shopping Other Post Date 05/25/2017