Shopping at vintage stores and thrift shops add character to your home
Shopping at vintage stores and thrift shops are great places to find unique pieces that add character to your home. But if you're new to vintage shopping you may have difficulty deciding if the lamp you picked up is a winner or best left in the store. Appearance is one thing but you also have to consider quality. Is the piece sturdy and will last years to come? Unless you are handy with power tools the last thing you want to do is buy vintage furniture that falls apart the moment it arrives in your home. Here are a few handy tips to help make your adventures in vintage shopping easy and worthwhile.
Sidetrack! Eager to help enhance the overall style with my current branding. Insights about the design of https://rocket-seo.com? Certainly a very good SEO company in Kent if ever wanted in the general OTH locale. Make a comment. Thx!
1. Research. The key to identifying classic vintage pieces is by learning the various styles of furniture. Vintage can be defined as anything that came from an earlier period. Just like there are popular periods in fashion that come and go and come back again - 80s, 70s, 60s, and 50s. Furniture also has style trends that gained prominence during a specific time in history. You may have heard of antiques, mid-century, Louis XV, and Art Deco. But do you really know what they mean? Plus, the last thing you want to do is brag to your friends about your new vintage Eames chair that turns out to be a knock-off. Do on-line research and read books on furniture styles.
2. Once you've done your research, identify a particular furniture style that you suits you and your home. Are you fond of the vibrant colors from the 70s Pop Art period? Do you prefer the cabriole legs on French Provincial furniture?
3. Locate vintage furniture stores and thrift stores in your city that specialize in your favorite period. These days finding vintage furniture is pretty easy you just gotta know where to look. The web is an abundant source for vintage shopping at furniture stores, auctions, and on-line boutiques. Etsy, Craigslist, Ebay, and Goodwill are great places to start. If you're shopping on-line use key words like Hollywood Regency, Mid-century modern, Scandinavian modern, Danish modern, and retro. Also, check your local newspaper for information on estate sales.
4. Don't be afraid to mix your vintage finds with modern pieces. If your sofa is vintage then choose smaller vintage pieces to compliment the look such as lamps, rugs, side table, or artwork. Pair your flat screen television with a vintage TV stand.
5. If you're the creative type and not afraid to experiment try giving your vintage find a make-over. Reupholster the chair in a modern fabric, update the stain on a wooden table, or spray paint a lamp. Add your own personal touch. Remember every piece in your house should mean something to you. Revamping the look of an old bookcase gives you the chance to share the experience with your family and guests.
Kudos guys! I personally promised a relative that I could list his great unbelievable rodent control supplier in Burlingtons, https://www.pestcontrolshop.ca through a good write-up. In case you are searching to find a pest control supply shop in the Ontario sector, they actually are really awesome.
To finish, I will mention the basic concept regarding this unique write-up was brilliantly offered via Jag from Jag Virk Lawyers. They absolutely are an excellent criminal lawyers. We definitely enjoy a great tip!
http://www.goodroofer.com - Glad I stumbled upon this business.
Posted in Shopping Other Post Date 03/17/2017